Expectations for All Employees
Support MVP’s mission, vision, and purpose by exhibiting excellence and competence, knowledge and experience, commitment in our professional relationships, and accountability and ownership. Adhere to Company policies while providing quality and proactive service to both internal and external clients.
Position Summary and Principle Duties/ Responsibilities
Under the supervision of Management, specifically the Director of Recordkeeping and Chief Compliance Officer, this position manages client relationships and daily‐valued plans using MVP’s recordkeeping system along with other custodian websites and Workflow software. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize the workload within a fast‐paced, deadline‐driven environment.
- Communicate directly with employers, plan participants, and advisors to maintain a high level of customer service and obtain plan information for valuations, compliance, etc.
- Review census data to determine eligibility and prepare for compliance testing
- Perform trust accounting and contribution calculations
- Perform compliance/discrimination testing
- Prepare Form 5500s and related schedules
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications/ Skills/ Knowledge Requirements
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in retirement plan administration with DC/401(k) Plans required; experience with new comparability plans a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, or similar area a plus
- QKA/QPA ASPPA designations a plus but not required
- Must be advanced in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and professionalism to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Must be capable of math and using formulas in spreadsheets in order to identify discrepancies
- Must be able to manage time and prioritize tasks and deadlines
- Work requires continual attention‐to‐detail, especially in aspects of data entry
- Experience working in a financial/accounting institution preferred
Work Conditions and Environment
- Office environment: indoors sitting at least 6 hours a day working on a computer with multiple monitors, keyboard, and mouse; answer phones using handset or headset
- Some lifting up to 15 lbs.
- Team and staff meetings as needed